Is electronic dance music one of your biggest passions in life? Does the prospect of organizing and planning make your heart skip a beat? Are you ready to join the ranks of the biggest independent dance music label in the world? If your answer to all of these questions is a firm “YES”, you’ll fit right in here at Armada Music. And as faith would have it, we have just the job opening for you…
…A&R Assistant (U.S.A.)
Our new A&R Assistant will be part of Armada Music’s NYC team and will provide secretarial support to the CEO of Armada Music and the A&R Director USA. He or she schedules meetings and arranges follow-ups in regard to relation management, projects and deadlines. In addition, he or she will inform the Armada personnel on relevant developments regarding A&R’s current affairs and is responsible for organizing events and ensuring professional relationship management.
What will you be doing (exactly)?
- You will be of secretarial support to the CEO and A&R Director USA;
- You will manage several mailboxes and agendas;
- You will schedule appointments and meetings, and are tasked with supplying all documents and information involved;
- You will take care of the general administration, which includes invoices and declarations, and archiving releases;
- You will keep track of the targets lists, and will set up and monitor promotional activities in conjunction with the assigned product manager at HQ (as well as the PR, Creative and Digital teams);
- You play an active role in relationship management (think of pro-actively notifying the relevant persons of an artist’s birthday, birth child, marriage, first show of a tour etc.).
- You will manage the events calendar;
- You will prepare, plan and execute ‘Armada Invites’ events in the U.S.A. and other events (writer’s camps, artist drinks etc.), and you will assist in developing marketing material, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns;
- You will collect information for – and send out – weekly mails every Monday;
- You will keep the artist database up to date in our CRM.;
- You will arrange travel packages, hotel reservations etc.;
- You will monitor and restock the office supplies inventory;
- You will review and approve office supply acquisitions;
- You will be tasked with hospitality duties;
- You will be the go-to person for all facility-related office matters.
Who is the person we’re looking for?
- You have excellent (verbal and written) communication/interpersonal skills;
- You have previous experience with working as an Assistant or PA to senior management;
- You are highly computer literate, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- You have experience with using technology for meetings (VC, teleconference, Skype, WebEx etc.);
- You possess strong administrative and organizational skills and are able to multi-task extraordinarily well;
- You are a true professional and know how to deal with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity;
- You are able to re-prioritize near-term assignments;
- You have strong communication skills, especially in regard to written and spoken English;
- You are able to remain calm in a high-pressure environment and will be able to prioritize in such situations;
- You are a team player;
- You currently live in or near New York City;
- You are extremely passionate about electronic dance music;
- You have previously worked within the music industry.
What will we offer you in return?
- You will be joining the ranks of a young and dynamic team;
- You will receive a monthly salary befitting your age and experience;
- We offer Health Care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions.
Can’t contain your excitement? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please make sure to put ‘A&R Assistant U.S.A.’ in the e-mail subject. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC:
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Afrojack, Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, Erick Morillo, Fedde Le Grand, Gareth Emery, Kevin Saunderson, Lost Frequencies, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page and W&W.