Reports to: Director and Label Manager
Commitment: 2 days office based (minimum)
- The A&R Manager is expected to independently oversee and manage the A&R department in a pro active way, taking full responsibility from day one. Reporting to the Director once a week you will be expected to report the week’s status of currently signed repertoire, and any new recommended signings. You will be expected to identify potential in unsigned artists and confidently sign, then launch them alongside a proficient team, into a commercially viable and scalable career.
- The office hours are flexible, but it is expected at least two full time days are spent in the office. The role is on an initial three month review, then yearly.
- To develop the companies A&R strategy alongside the Directors, set targets, motivate team and work closely alongside MTA Records staff to filter and progress with their suggested signings.
- You will be expected to lead deal negotiations, and liaise with MTA’s legal team and business affairs.
- You will work alongside the Directors and Product Managers to develop currently signed acts through suggesting and enabling work with outside songwriters, producers, mixers, topline writers etc.
- Manage and recruit the A&R Scout Network. This may involve meeting up with, regular contact through phone calls and emails to keep the network motivated, working and filtering and dealing with the volume of demos and artist that they recommend. Keeping the network on point and delivering regular content is key.
- Attend key industry events with members of the MTA team and A&R Scout Network as well as other gigs, club nights and events.
- You will continue to work your already sizeable list of contacts, speaking to managers, agents and other record label executives to be aware of new acts and exciting new signing possibilities.
Deadline for applications – Friday 23rd January