MelodyVR is the destination for music in virtual reality. we’ve partnered with hundreds of artists to create thousands of virtual reality experiences. On MelodyVR you’ll see International superstars, breakthrough bands, underground DJs, stunning ensemble performances, and everything in between. A friend to the music industry - our long-term goal is to generate a new revenue stream, benefiting all rights holders. By putting music in the front and centre, we’ll bring musicians and fans closer together than ever before.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team, who is as passionate about music and as excited by technology as we are.
Our Artist Research Assistant is responsible for the compilation and distribution of all live opportunities and research on exciting new artists around the world.
You will be knowledgeable and excited when it comes to the live music landscape globally, with an eye on live touring, festival/event line-ups and emerging talent. Monitoring the market closely, you will maintain the internal databases and make recommendations across a wide spectrum of genres and geographies.
- Develop and apply a systematic approach to identifying and assessing opportunities
- Ensure all timing considerations relating to upcoming opportunities are socialised and diarised
- Provide regular (daily, weekly, monthly) updates to internal stakeholders
- Preparation of ‘fact sheets’ to provide relevant background relating to specific artists
- Partake in research of up and coming artists
- Continually update the internal databases with pertinent information such as, line-ups, tour schedules and artist/management information
- 1-2 years work experience within the music industry and live events a must
- In-depth understanding of how the music industry ecosystem operates
- A highly organised and systematic thinker
- A proactive and pre-emptive working style
- Passion for music and technology and competence talking about both
- A confident verbal and written communicator, comfortable engaging with senior level stakeholders
- Competent creating presentations in PowerPoint/Keynote
- Smart, ambitious, and hardworking, with heaps of initiative!
- Excited to operate within a fast moving and rapidly changing start–up environment