The Associate will work closely with the CEO, his Executive Assistant and other senior leadership to execute work plans, projects, and day to day workflow. He or she will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the CEO.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES THE ASSOCIATE DO?
- Work with CEO, his Executive Assistant and leadership team to monitor and address priority issues
- Meet with CEO daily to discuss priorities, provide information and deliverables
- Update CEO’s daily work plan to ensure that it is current and ensure follow up on key items
- Monitor emails and ensure CEO’s follow up and/or respond with his guidance/input.
- Conduct research and analysis, provide reports, information and advice regarding key strategic issues to CEO and the leadership team
- Gather project lists from leadership team members and consolidate information for CEO
- Communicate with team to ensure that projects are progressing and ensure deliverables are actioned within deadlines
- Travel with CEO, attend meetings and prioritize and communicate actions and follow up
- Work closely with office of COO to hand over projects to them to execute
- Coordinate with front office leadership to gather and report deal information, plan calls/meetings, etc.
- Schedule meetings and prepare CEO by researching meeting attendees, preparing bios, profiles of co, key press, etc. and providing summary of potential strategic connections with Kobalt
- Ensure others are prepared for meetings with CEO by providing them information ahead of scheduled meetings
- Assist with setting quarterly company OKRs
- Proactively identify issues that could impact the execution of the CEO’s work or business objectives and propose solutions as needed
- Produce decks for leadership team, Board members, external clients or funding partners
- Oversee and manage a wide variety of highly prioritized projects, as well as complete ad-hoc projects, requests, and analysis
- Schedule travel for self and executive when needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Business degree, preferably from Ivy League school
- Must be willing to make a 2 year commitment to the role
- Experience in business operations, finance or analysis preferred
- Extensive travel required
- Expert Excel and PowerPoint skills, including strong design/presentation skills
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and at all levels
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- High level of professional maturity and integrity and a solid work ethic
- Possess high analytical skills, be able to see patterns, be a fast thinker and a good decision maker
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.