Kobalt Music Recordings (KMR) is looking for a detail-oriented and organised individual to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Artist and Label Services department, incorporating the AWAL distribution business.
Based in our London office and reporting to the Senior Client Admin Manager, the Client Admin Assistant is responsible for entering financial details into the royalty system and assist in responding to client accounting and reporting queries.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL and Kobalt Music Recordings. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, Kobalt has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen Kobalt includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch and Ray BLK.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A CLIENT ADMIN ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Enter client contact and payment information into the royalty system
- Entering client agreements into the royalty system
- Investigating royalty identification & allocation issues
- Assisting with the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Being the main point of contact for our clients’ reporting queries
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good understanding of the music industry, with experience in music royalty processing is desirable
- Highly numerate and ability to work accurately to strict deadlines
- IT literate (advanced Excel is essential)
- Flexible and adaptable to handle conflicting priorities
- Proactive approach with a willingness to roll up sleeves and get it done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You may have just graduated from music business studies or working with royalty processing for a record label or distributor, but most important is that you are detail-oriented, numerate and organised. In return, this role will offer a career with a fast growing and leading edge Company.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.