Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the Director, Label Collections, the Client Relationship Manager will the first point of contact for the client roster and responsible for identifying & signing new client as well as co-ordinate the onboarding. The role will support the team in delivery of client retention strategy, implementing new initiatives such as system or policy changes as well as work to promote Kobalt OHR attending conferences and seminars.
This is an office-based role requiring a driven individual with an analytical & detail-oriented mind-set as well as a willingness to expand an understanding of the overall music business.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
Kobalt Neighbouring Rights (KNR) offers a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their neighbouring rights income from the various relevant collecting societies around the world. KNR started in 2011 and has grown quickly to become one of the leading companies in this field.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SOCIETY RELATIONSHIP MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Deal with incoming queries from clients
- Communicate regularly with clients on any issues or queries relating to their repertoire
- Monitor & review financial receipts to identify ways to increase future collections from societies
- Deliver a strategy for client retention through developing relations with clients
- Act as a secondary point of contact for the society roster
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
- Where necessary, liaise with the L&BA team to ensure that proposals and long form agreements are produced in a timely manner
- Travel as required to meet business needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication & social skills
- Previous experience in a business development/client acquisition role
- Good Excel skills and Numerate (comfortable with numbers and apply great accuracy)
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- A proactive but pragmatic approach to evaluations, forecasts and airplay trends
- Ability to prioritise work & work independently
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Ability to take initiatives and drive things forward
You may be working for a label, music publisher or neighbouring rights organisation in a business development/client acquisition role. Most important is that you have great inter-personal skills, a positive outlook and a ‘can do- attitude.
KNR prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximise revenues to artists. KNR represents, amongst others, Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Bruno Mars, Passenger, Taio Cruz, Pitbull, Icona Pop, John Newman, Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers.