Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Copyright and Contracts Executive to join a friendly and dedicated team of copyright experts within a well- established and reputable Music Education Body.
Based in scenic Central London offices, this role is suited to a detail orientated, team player with expert knowledge in copyright and licensing.
Key features will include:
- Working closely with editors of new products (print and digital), to create contracts for new material/projects, confidently adapting templates/precedents and – as necessary – drafting from scratch
- Negotiate terms/liaise with contributors, taking ownership of any issues that arise and resolving these
- Advising the wider business on licensing and contractual matters where legal knowledge is needed in order to minimise risks
- Liaise with company solicitors as necessary where legal advice required
- Carrying out all core copyright work as required (print/reprint licensing, advising colleagues on any aspect of the company’s IP, queries from business associates, contributing to team projects, possibly some royalty work)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have several years’ experience of working in music publishing, probably gained in a Copyright or Business Affairs department
- Be exceptional at drafting contracts and licences
- Have experience of managing strict deadlines via varying sources
- The successful candidate will have the confidence and experience to advise editors and wider colleagues on the content of contracts and licences, drafting where necessary. They may have a relevant legal/law qualification.
The successful Copyright and Contracts Executive will receive:
- Competitive salary