Joining the Publishing Copyright department in our London office, the primary role of the Copyright Assistant will be to assist the team in managing our catalogue in Spain as well as other Spanish speaking territories in Latin American by ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at the collection societies. The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills when dealing with general inquiries from internal and external sources and can deal with pressure but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
Collection of royalties has traditionally been time-consuming and costly. Kobalt has developed centralized, automated and efficient administration services supported by a scalable, proprietary, dedicated system using the latest technology. Because of Kobalt's innovative approach, Kobalt offers a reduction in royalty collection time of up to 50%, more effective collection as well as substantially improved transparency.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at the Spanish collection society as well as Spanish speaking collection societies in Latin America
- Dealing with general inquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Processing new works and agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues
You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High level of written and spoken Spanish as well English
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience, be persuasive but remain humble and profession
- Track-record of excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Problem-solver with a detail-driven mind-set
- Basic Excel skills but a willingness to learn and improve
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.