We’re looking for a smart, organised, motivated and forward-thinking music and video marketing, sales and distribution professional to drive and manage our retail marketing and sales function across all formats in the UK and Europe. The ideal candidate will oversee the Orchard’s international physical and digital sales value proposition, acting as the conduit between our European client, marketing and physical distribution staff, digital retail, international physical sales teams and New York HQ. The role manages high level sales and client relationships, sets priorities and determines best practices for the region. The candidate will be responsible for creating and executing pan-territorial front line and catalogue campaigns as well as ongoing marketing and sales initiatives in conjunction with the team. The role includes functional oversight of local marketing initiatives for the teams working across Europe with direction from the SVP of Global Account Management based in New York.
- Maintain high level account management relationships with top global accounts focusing on, but not limited to, Apple, Spotify, Amazon, Google and Deezer.
- Oversee weekly pitch process, driving strategy with accounts and retail marketing staff to ensure The Orchard’s repertoire receives maximum promotion and exposure.
- Prioritise release schedule to execute on client needs and proactively communicate analysis and results.
- Manage communication flow, prioritisation and strategic initiatives internally and externally.
- Shape prioritisation at the initiation of a campaign and employ real-time analytics to re-prioritise efforts and re-allocate resources.
- Create metrics and case studies around content performance and visibility, impact of marketing initiatives and retail response to promotions.
- Conduct regular business reviews, proactively identifying potential growth areas and anticipating issues.
- Work with label team to identify and execute high-revenue catalogue opportunities.
- Communicate policy changes and evolving key business issues at global accounts across the European team.
- Provide structure, processes, governance & support to UK and European marketing and sales team.
- Lead company’s retail sales and marketing efforts with clients and the industry, keep current with changes in market place and ensure teams are ahead of the curve.
- Work alongside local sales leads to project revenue for the region.
- Minimum 5 years’ international music distribution experience– independent sector strongly preferred.
- Clear understanding of key retail accounts and distribution partners by territory, as well as logistics.
- University degree to a Bachelor level or higher strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - organized, able to multitask, prioritise and maintain deadlines.
- Clear understanding of the present market situation, the rapidly evolving digital economy, and knowledge of and expertise with the technology and tools available.
- Good listening skills. Capacity to engage, willingness to learn and to share ideas, positive attitude.
- Adaptability to evolving workload and flexibility in job scope. Team player.
- Proficiency in a multiple languages strongly preferred.
To apply please send a cover letter, CV and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org