Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the Head of Discographies & Claims the Discographies & Claims Assistant will research and create detailed, accurate discographies for new clients making sure there’s a completeness and accuracy of ‘historically’ entered artist discographies as well as working closely with the Operations team to maintain an up to date matrix of society registration, claims deadlines & distribution dates to assist both in the Client Acquisition and Client Facing processes.
This requires a highly organised and analytical person with a proactive mindset and a willingness to expand an understanding of the overall music business.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
Kobalt Neighbouring Rights (KNR) offers a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their neighbouring rights income from the various relevant collecting societies around the world. KNR started in 2011 and has grown quickly to become one of the leading companies in this field.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A DISCOGRAPHIES & CLAIMS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Data entry of research findings following predefined guidelines
- Accurate filing of release evidence
- Data manipulating and population of client or data provider supplied information
- Provide timely updates of client repertoire progress
- Provide additional administrative support to Head of Team as required
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good Excel skills – at least intermediary level
- Numerate – be comfortable with numbers and apply great accuracy
- Analytical skills; be able to make sense of data and tasks
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Proactive willingness to learn
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills