Contractual Hours: 37.5hrs per week- Monday to Friday 09:00 AM- 5:30 PM (some evening work will apply)
About BIMM Institute
BIMM, The British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Berlin, Hamburg, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
Our eight BIMM colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, songwriting, music production, music business, music journalism and event management.
This role provides a unique opportunity to assist the BIMM Artist Development, Events, Guests and Careers teams.
The position will involve assisting with day to day administration as well as getting involved with hosting masterclasses and assisting at the external BIMM events – such as our end of term gigs and showcases throughout term time.
You will also be responsible for assisting the team in the smooth running of all Careers Hub activity, student marketing and the communication of events to the BIMM online marketing team.
Essential criteria for applicant
- Exceptional organisational skills; the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with colleagues and contacts at all levels within BIMM and wider music industry.
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Desirable criteria for applicant
- Photoshop & Final Cut (or video editing skills within another application)
- A degree in Music Business or similar qualification.
- Experience and understanding of working in an educational environment
- Creating content for BIMM online platforms & monitoring online activity
- Coordinating production of promotional material for internal marketing
- Various weekly mailers using Mail Chimp
- Data entry (populating the BIMM central database Unit E in terms of student engagement with activities generated by both the Careers and Artist Development & Events departments
- General assistance to the Events, Guests & Careers teams as required
- Assisting with the organisation and running of evening events for students – such as masterclasses, workshops, gigs.
- Responding to student queries and general student comms in a timely manner on behalf of the creative and careers teams
- Liaising regularly with the BIMM Group Marketing department ensuring that all BIMM London Creative and Careers activity is being fed through to central marketing so they are able to generate web content and news stories.
- Assisting with BIMM Connect – a web based platform for students, both current and alumni. This will involve uploading content to the platform regularly and assisting with monitoring student usage and activity.
- Assisting the Head of Artist Development and Events in terms of group programs such as Commercial Performance Project. To be a point of contact on behalf of BIMM London, to help promote the programs and undertake any administrative or assisting as required by the HoAD&E.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by, and agreed with their Line Manager.