About Broadwick Live:
Broadwick Live is a global events business and rights owner behind a growing number of internationally acclaimed and award winning festivals and events including Snowbombing Europe & Canada, Festival Number 6, Hideout, Truck, Y Not and Electric Elephant. Broadwick Live also have an agency division delivering a broad range of high profile brand events, content and campaigns including Bacardi Triangle and Adidas Y-3 Paris Fashion Week shows.
About the role:
Printworks London (formerly Harmsworth Quays) was established in the docklands in 1989, and for 24 years The Evening Standard, The Daily Mail and Metro newspapers rolled off its presses. The unique site has now embraced a new lease of life, in which the former factory’s warehouses and magnificent Press Halls have been revived as ground-breaking, multi-purpose event spaces.
There is now a very exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join Broadwick Live's senior leadership team as General Manager of Printworks London and play a pivotal role in the future of this very prestigious and high profile, music venue. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have considerable autonomy and scope to manage all aspects of the business. The brief, in essence, is to take a great team to new heights and further position the venue as the very best in the industry as it enters the next stage of its development.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of achievement in a senior leadership position within the sports / music and entertainment industry in a commercially focused role with a good understanding of venue sales and ticketing. You will have a natural passion for customer service combined with strong commercial acumen. You will need to demonstrate a unique and innovative approach, a real ability to get things done and a strong understanding of how to drive the business forward.
What our General Manager will do:
- In consultation with the board, develop and deliver Printworks Strategic Plan.
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures that aid growth and increased profits; ensuring we are always committed to best practice across the venue.
- Manage all Printworks event and non-event day activities.
- Ensure that the Printworks London is fully compliant regarding its requirements under health, safety and environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Manage Printworks London relation to the events, facilities and maintenance and formulate, manage and deliver CAPEX and revenue budgets accordingly.
- Plan and lead the recruitment strategy for Printworks London with assistance from the Broadwick Live People & Culture team.
- Manage the security operations of the Printworks London on both event and non-event days including managing all accreditation and staffing levels (including stewarding teams and external security agencies as appropriate).
- Liaise with external bodies, clients, concert promoters, and other event owners to provide services for the delivery of third party events, In conjunction with the Head of Programming to maximise the commercial opportunities of Printworks London regarding the viability of planned and proposed events.
- Ensure that Printworks London is compliant with the Fire Regulatory Act 2005.
- Act as the Designated Premises Supervisor in accord with the Premises Licence issued under the
- Licensing Act 2003 responsible for compliance with all licensing requirements.
- Responsible for the performance and conduct of a team of direct reports in line with the venue policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Managing Director/ Board.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Proven track record of success in venue management roles.
- Ability to contribute beyond the role and to lead strategic initiatives to increase profits and aid growth.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover note and your up to date CV.