Our successful and fast-growing Neighbouring Rights team at Kobalt is looking for an Income Tracking Analyst. This is a completely new role where you would be responsible for implementing and maintaining efficient royalty tracking and analysis processes for income receipts from Collective Management Organisations (CMO’s) around the world.
To be successful in the role, you need to be a self-motivated, hardworking individual with great analytic skills and a can-do attitude. You need to be comfortable with, and able to communicate and explain complex matters to both internal and external contacts.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to define and implement additional workflows and processes into the existing framework of the Neighbouring Rights team.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
KNR prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximise revenues to artists. KNR represents, amongst others, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Sam Smith, Passenger, Icona Pop, John Newman, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
What would you do as an Income Tracking Analyst at Kobalt?
- Define and implement processes for efficient income tracking and analysis
- Review income receipts from CMO’s
- Raise and follow up tracking claims at CMO’s around the world
- Keep up to date with CMO’s accounting rules and qualification criteria
- Work closely with the other KNR teams to establish income tracking priorities
- Communicate findings to KNR teams and Senior Management
- Ad hoc analysis tasks as required
You will ideally have…
- Analytical skills and “tech savvy” with an ability to specify system development requirements relating to income tracking tools and reports
- Project management experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy & comfortable working with large data sets
- Excellent written and spoken English + communication skills with ability to adapt communication to a diverse audience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills & proficiency across the other MS Office applications
- Ability to organise and prioritise work as well as work independently
- SQL experience would be an advantage
You may be working for music publishing or recording business, ideally in income tracking, royalties or other analytical role, but most importantly you are a self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities who takes initiative to streamline processes.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s pension scheme is currently with Aviva. On passing probation, staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% - 5% company matched contribution.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the AVIVA ‘select’ scheme
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.