Within PRS for Music International is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our affiliated societies around the world. We aim to maximise our members’ money from abroad by monitoring and tracking the use of their music in key international markets and negotiating service levels and contractual relationships with sister societies and other third parties.
The role holder will be responsible to direct and lead income generation and collection activities in emerging and developing markets by agreeing internal revenue budgets, devising strategies, negotiating and agreeing service levels, whilst managing and maintaining relationships with overseas societies and other stakeholders.
- Drive forward the International Revenue Growth Strategy by engaging with sister societies to promote our agenda to generate new income to MCPS and PRS members
- Set the priority agenda and terms for negotiation with societies and other stakeholders to conclude new (or amend existing) representation agreements so as to obtain new revenue for PRS for Music members
- Through the geography primacy position establish excellent ways of working within the International Division and the wider business
- Maximise our service offering and the profitability of the society network by communicating and negotiating change and working with our partners to exploit opportunities for greater efficiency (improved practices and service levels) and revenue generation to leading to mutual benefits for our respective members
- Represent PRS for Music in revenue generating and relationship building visits to partners (societies, publishers, users, regulators); attending international forums to promote the PRS for Music agenda, including offering financial and technical expertise and support to the society network
Experience and qualifications
- Track record of working at a senior position within a large organisation with sophisticated business processes in an international business to business environment, managing budgets and resources; including an excellent understanding of the key drivers of indirect channels to market so as to deliver successful strategies
- Track record of building strong partner relationships with a proven ability to manage, retain and develop a customer base and indirect sales channel to sustain year on year growth targets
- Experience of international business environments and the necessary cultural adaptability to manoeuvre successfully within these
- Successfully managing, retaining and developing a team through effective strategic direction and leadership
- Demonstrable evidence of liaising and influencing at all levels with customer organisations and internally at Board level
- Strong commercial acumen with a good understanding of aligned business models to drive strategy development, business planning, revenue forecasting and cost management
- Strong academic background educated to degree level
- Experience of managing a business department or function related to revenue or relationship management
- Excellent communicator with fluency in Spanish or Portuguese strongly desirable
- An understanding of different markets and an ability and passion for making sense of complex detailed issues
- Highly competent presenter who will use their solid diplomatic and excellent negotiations skills to drive revenue, service, and efficiency with culturally diverse partner societies.
- The ability to think analytically and strategically and take a high-level view of projects as well as the ability to take a hands on, problem solving approach when required
- Highly motivated self starter who acts on their own initiative, taking ownership of tasks through to successful conclusion
- A team player with the ability to work and achieve results through others
Candidates should apply by sending their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 31st January. We are moving very quickly with this role and will be interviewing successful candidates w/c 4th February 2013.
At PRS for Music we recognise, welcome and value diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees are given the opportunity to reach their full potential, feel valued and work together effectively to achieve our goals.