Thriving, ambitious PR Company based in Fitzrovia, London
- Great opportunity for someone with PR experience looking to make a career in music
- Work day to day with leading music companies, record labels and artists from all over
- the world
- Excellent training opportunities and growth potential
We are looking for a full time junior publicist to come and join our existing team. The person
suitable for this position will need to have relevant Music PR experience of at least two years
and to have suitable relationships with UK + international music press.
Alongside this, the person will need to be driven, self motivating, have a strong attention to
detail, a good work ethic, a comprehensive understanding of social media and excellent
The candidate will be responsible for administrative work, database management and
supporting the existing team in other areas such as liaising with artist representatives and
attending meetings on behalf of the company.
Along with building on experience working as a publicist, we are looking for somebody to help
handle our current workload of clients, whilst being active in bringing in new business
opportunities to expand the network of the company.
We are looking for somebody to improve our current team, with the intention of taking a senior
position in future.
Please do not apply if you do not have the relevant Music PR Experience.
We are an enthusiastic, upcoming and expanding Music PR company based in central London,
working on a wide range of clients in the alternative music scene.
Our work varies between promotional campaigns targeting national and regional press and
radio promotion for a large number of clients from all over the world. We also have a strong
focus on digital press and tastemaker publications across a number of different genres.
Clients include Universal, Sony, Warner Music Group, Polydor, Nevado Music, Toothfairy,
Sommarhjarta, Icons Creating Evil Art, Communion, Indica Records, BIME +++
- Minimum of two years Music PR Experience
- Current relationships with UK + international press/radio personnel
- Relevant music tastes (see examples here - http://www.mysticsons.com/clients)
- Understanding of relevant music genres
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Experience working with artists and handling artist content
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office programs WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK
- Good understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud,Youtube, Instagram)
- Creative writing experience
- Solid sales experience to be able to bring work opportunities into the company
- Ability to use initiative and meet own deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent research and Internet skills
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- The position is based in Fitzrovia (Oxford Circus), London, and may require some international travel
- Flexibility need – will be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
- Music Journalism experience
- Secondary language
The Package for our Junior Publicist:
- Salary: up to £18k pa dependent on experience
- Company benefits
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter expressing your interest as well as explaining
your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by March