Summary of the Role:
The Label Manager is responsible for developing commercial marketing strategies and campaigns for the artists, releases and catalogues represented by our label partners. Dynamic, creative, organized and accountable, you will have strong commercial marketing skills, understanding all formats and commercial platforms, be adept at multi-tasking and problem solving and have an entrepreneurial outlook, always seeking for new commercial opportunities on behalf of your label partners. Conversant with both musical diversity and the marketplace as a whole, you will use your understanding of consumer marketing and promotional opportunities to contribute creative solutions for our partners.
- You will be the primary relationship holder in the UK for a roster of independent label partners, both creating & delivering marketing plans around their schedules & artists.
- You will gather the marketing and promotional information from our label partners to the commercial teams in the UK and advocate for the best commercial marketing and revenue outcomes.
- Provide leadership, advice and creative planning support to partners in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue.
- Oversee the release process and ensure that all aspects of it are properly managed in a timely manner, including stock control, distribution of relevant sales, marketing and promotional assets, retail planning.
- Work closely with all departments including Sales & Digital, Supply Chain and ops, finance and department management.
- Analysis of music market and project specific data.
Key Skills/ experience required
- Dynamic, initiative and outcome oriented, with keen eye for detail and ability to deliver to deadline.
- Strong desire to make a difference and contribute to successful outcomes.
- Accountable and organized with strong sense of time management.
- Good team communication skills, being the primary advocate within a diverse team profile for our label partners.
- Demonstrable understanding and / or experience of working with independent labels and business owners and independent label culture.
- Sound experience and / or understanding of a release cycle and the distribution process ideally with experience in managing sales and distribution marketing campaigns in the UK.
- Experience of working with commercial teams or different retail types and platforms.
- Product management or label marketing experience is desirable, particularly digital marketing.
- Proven experience of sales projections & revenue forecasts, commercial / transactional data & similar
- Good knowledge of the current music market, especially regarding the independent sector.
- Keen understanding of changing nature of the music industry, format changes, consumer behaviour.