We are looking for a Manager Sales (m/f) for our Recordings Team (full-time).
You are a highly committed team player, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
What you should know about us
- BMG is a new kind of digital age music company formed less than nine years ago with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters
- Uniquely for its size BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide
- It is already the world’s fourth biggest player in music publishing and one of the biggest players in recordings in Europe
- Our ambitions are not satisfied yet!
As a key member of the Digital Sales Team you will help to define and implement BMG’s global digital retail strategy. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with all our digital partners in Germany and Continental Europe - e.g. Spotify, Apple / iTunes, Deezer. Also building a strong working relationship with digital distribution partners – e.g. ADA, PIAS + internal stakeholders and teams. Your main tasks are split into 3 working fields:
Sales and Marketing
- Develop sales tools to communicate new release information and marketing updates
- Manage digital campaigns including pitching songs, managing price campaigns and analyzing results
- Oversee the creation and booking of Spotify advertising campaigns
- Monitor and analyse sales performance and make appropriate recommendations
- Identify possible issues and escalate to senior support if necessary
- Schedule and attend regular meetings, listening sessions with retail partners
- Feedback on the performance of new release and catalogue campaigns
- Liaise with frontline and catalogue colleagues, as well as synch
- Plug tracks to 3rd party playlist brands, including Spotify, Apple, Topsify, Digster, etc.
- Monitor tracks and playlists + analyse the impact on streaming numbers
- Build an in depth knowledge of the key playlists in your market
Data Management and Administration
- Establish a good working knowledge of the internal systems and procedures
- Respond promptly to client/partner queries and requests
- Generate sales and streaming reports for internal colleagues as well as management
- Provide input and feedback around the development of BMG’s analytics tools in relation to your specific needs
- Besides a degree in either music or business, at least 2 years of experience in a digital sales role - within the music business or a streaming service provider is required
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Varied and autonomous tasks and flexible working hours in a comfortable and pleasant working atmosphere
- Occasional in-house concerts – to listen to all the awesome stuff we are producing every day
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music including industry veterans who always have a great and unique story to share
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right Person to get this job.
The challenge is on. Let’s create a future together.
Please feel free to apply in either German or English.
BMG Rights Management GmbH / Recruiting Services
Postfach 90 20 00