Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Organisational Unit: Academy Music Group Limited -> O2 Academy Bournemouth
Location: AMG Head Office, 211 Stockwell Road - London, SW9 9SL UK (Primary)
Academy Events is the in house promoting arm of the Academy Music Group (AMG) who are the UK’s leading owner and operator of nationwide live music and club venues, including London’s iconic theatres, O2 Academy Brixton and O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire and other outstanding sites in regional locations across the UK.
Academy Events are responsible for Promoting hundreds of concerts throughout the UK every year. From worldwide headline acts to up and coming new talent, our promoters look after artists across all genres of music booking in all venues within the Academy Music Group estate.
This role will be responsible for coordinating the sales and marketing function for Academy Events tours, liaising with promoters, agencies, marketing depts and PR – seeking creative marketing opportunities, maximising ticket sales and other such revenues by developing and managing key marketing campaigns in line with Academy Music Group’s strategic objectives and past sales analytics.
Working directly with the venue marketing and box office team’s and head office departments for the effective marketing and proactive promotion of Academy Events Tours.
- Working alongside AE Promoters, responsible for coordinating and delivering complete, strategic marketing campaigns for events within Academy Events across multiple genres.
- Effective reporting of marketing cost expenditure working within set budgets.
- Working with the wider head office marketing team to analyse sales data using all available resources.
- Work with marketing departments across a variety of external organisations, including promoter offices and local outlets as well as media and promotional channels to ensure coordinated campaign and approach.
- To liaise with Academy Music Group’s (AMG) PR team as required.
- To work closely with AMG Marketing teams and any appointed designers and agencies to devise, coordinate, develop and deliver the production and distribution of all advertising, printed materials and online assets, following business models, templates branding, and marketing approaches set by HO and AE.
- Actively conduct market research and analysis regularly attending a cross section of shows to identify developments in audience profiles.
- Develop strong relationships with all appointed parties holding regular comms to coordinate and support all marketing activity.
- Monitor ticket sales to maximise the tours marketing impact, modifying national campaigns in line with sales trends.
- Ensure brand guidelines and partnership agreements are adhered to at all times in marketing collateral.
- In line with local marketing departments manage all available AE inventory across the group – internal screen slots, house ads on websites, features in listings etc.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the live music and club industry or similar role within the entertainment industry with proven track record of identifying opportunities and developing new initiatives.
- Experienced campaign manager with knowledge of promoting/marketing from the ground up
- Established contacts within both music and marketing.
- Experience of coordinating a team, or client account management.
- Engaging, clear and confident communicator
- Knowledge and experience of print and online marketing methods, media buying and best practice
- Experience of copy writing and editing
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to, prioritise, organise and multi-task with excellent time management
- Proactive team player
- Ability to manage marketing budgets
- Ability to combine analysis with creativity in order to develop new ideas
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.