AWAL serves a growing roster of emerging and already established artists and labels. We are now expanding our UK Marketing team to include a new Senior Director of Marketing. Reporting to the General Manager, the role will involve working closely with artists, managers and label clients to set up, implement and deliver industry leading, innovative marketing campaigns. Alongside this, the role will oversee and run a team of Project Managers responsible for a growing roster of emerging acts and priority label clients.
The successful candidate will have a history of setting up and delivering successful UK marketing campaigns; and managing relationships with managers, PR & promotions teams, sales teams and internal stakeholders including Digital Marketing and Account Management. Ability to work across multiple different types of projects is key.
This amazing opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster. It’s an exciting time to be joining AWAL, and working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists and label release music through AWAL.
Whether an artist or label is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers alongside forward thinking and innovative labels. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lauv, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, Neneh Cherry as well as leading independent labels such as Glassnote and Downtown.
We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A MARKETING DIRECTOR AT AWAL DO?
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies for AWAL artists
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams ensuring you have a global approach to campaigns
- Manage a team of Project Managers
- Work with our priority label partners, offering marketing advise, strategy and best practises
- Manage marketing budgets
- Commission creative content across campaigns
- Set and achieve sales, streaming, playlisting and revenue targets
- Source and manage promo teams
- Work closely with internal teams, including Digital Marketing, International Marketing, Digital Accounts and Release Management as well as external partners
- Work with our Account Management team to develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies
- Work closely with our Digital Marketing team to build audience growth and social media strategies to grow fanbases, maximise engagement and deliver results.
- Analyse performance of releases using AWAL’s market leading analytics tools
- Oversee setup of clients' physical and digital production
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
- 8+ years’ experience, ideally within a successful record label or music services company
- Creative and innovative outlook
- Experience managing people and a team
- Experience working with labels, artists and managers
- Ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Superior client management and communication skills
- Ability to network with clients and industry contacts
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a progressive and creative attitude
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 2% of qualifying earnings if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates offered for 12-month memberships at Nuffield Health or Fitness First.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
PENSION | Staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% - 5% company matched contribution.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.