Job Title: Operations Manager – Printworks London
Location: Printworks London, Canada Water & Broadwick Live, Camden
Package: Dependent on experience
About Broadwick Venues:
Broadwick Venues was born out of multi-award winning festival company Broadwick Live, acclaimed for events such as Snowbombing, Field Day, Hideout and Lost Village.
Sharing the same values as the festival division, Broadwick Venues is relentlessly committed to excellence of experience and creativity in all it does. Printworks London is its first multi-purpose cultural space (opened in 2017), showcasing world-class electronic and live music programming against a stunning industrial backdrop with pioneering production. Its for these reasons that Printworks has already been recognised as the UK's best venue by Mixmag, London's best club by Time Out readers, and the 14th best club in the world by DJ Mag.
About the role:
Printworks London (formerly Harmsworth Quays) was established in the docklands in 1989, and for 24 years The Evening Standard, The Daily Mail and Metro newspapers rolled off its presses. The unique site has now embraced a new lease of life, in which the former factory’s warehouses and magnificent Press Halls have been revived as ground-breaking, multi-purpose event spaces.
There is now a very exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious Operations Manager to join Broadwick Live's venues team at Printworks London and play a pivotal role in the running of this very prestigious and high-profile music venue. Reporting to the Head of operations, you will have scope to manage all aspects of the events. The brief, in essence, is to take a great venue to new heights and further position the venue as the very best in the industry as it enters the next stage of its development.
To be successful, you will have a proven track record of achievement in a leadership position within the sports / music and entertainment industry in an operations focused role with a good understanding of live and electronic music events. You will have a natural passion for customer service combined with strong operational acumen. You will need to demonstrate a unique and innovative approach, a real ability to get things done and a strong understanding of how to drive the business forward.
What our Operations Manager will do:
- Supporting the Head of Operations to develop and deliver Printworks strategic operational plan.
- Assisting the Head of Operations with external bodies, clients, concert promoters, and other event owners to provide services for the delivery of music shows and third party events.
- Liaising with SAG to produce high quality shows in a safe environment.
- Managing show day operations on both event and non-event days including being responsible for all accreditation and staffing levels (including stewarding teams and external security agencies as appropriate).
- Working closely with the Head of Operations and Broadwick Live People & Culture team to assist with the recruitment strategy and be responsible for ongoing HR requirements.
- Implementing new processes and procedures that aid growth and financial efficiencies.
- On some occasions acting as the Designated Premises Supervisor in accord with the Premises Licence issued under the Licensing Act 2003 responsible for compliance with all licensing requirements.
- Key point of contact for all key suppliers from procurement to delivery.
- Ensuring effective negotiation, contracting and management of suppliers.
- Assisting wider partners and clients with all operation requirements.
- Establishing production schedules for projects and communicating effectively to all relevant parties – ensuring all information is up to date.
- Ensuring that all teams follow correct conduct in line with the venue’s policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any other duties as directed by the Head of Operations.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Proven track record of success in venue management roles.
- Proven track record in managing live events.
- Ability to contribute beyond the role and to lead strategic initiatives to increase profits and aid growth.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Personal licence highly desirable.
Please apply online now with a cover letter and up-to-date CV, or if you have any questions please email us on email@example.com.