Domino seeks a Paralegal / Business Affairs Assistant to join record label and publishing company assisting the Business Affairs department. Reporting to the Business Affairs Manager and Company Directors, the role will provide every opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their commercial and legal skills in the music industry. This combined and challenging role is a fantastic chance to work within a successful and dynamic music company exposing the successful candidate to many parts of the music business.
- drafting, amending and negotiating a wide range of label and publishing company agreements including deal memos, songwriter agreements, exclusive recording contracts;
- supervise all short form agreements for producers, videos, compilation releases, broadcasts, and sync licenses;
- initiate all sample deals and featured artist arrangements;
- responding to internal day to day queries where required including terms, budgets, option periods and territories;
- notifying relevant departments on all pertinent terms of company agreements, in particular third party royalty provisions and contractual amendments;
- coordinating signature of agreements;
- general contracts administration and file maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience of the music industry in a business affairs/legal capacity;
- excellent attention to detail and a proven track record in negotiating and concluding deals in challenging environment;
- a law degree or legal background;
- excellent drafting skills, with a keen commercial mind;
- the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business;
- the ability to work autonomously, think strategically and creatively;
- strong administrative, time management, organisation and planning skills.
Salary: Please state your salary requirements.
Please send a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements along with your CV to email@example.com before 6pm on Friday 17th February, 2017.