Sound Sanctum Records is looking to hire a full time intern to assist with daily operations of a start-up label. We are an independent label owned by British/Norwegian Singer Songwriter, Sasha Siem. Sound Sanctum Records is interested in supporting unconventional artists that exist outside of the mainstream.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and attributes:
- A passion and knowledge of the music industry
- Preferably a music business degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Time management and outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent computer and research abilities
- An innovative problem solver
- A desire to work with a startup label
- Positive, hard-working, detail oriented with an ability to multitask
- Basic Photoshop knowledge a huge plus
- Creating press releases
- Assisting with scouting and researching
- Assisting the Sound Sanctum team as necessary with tasks throughout all departments
- Managing label events (press shoots / show cases etc.)
- Registering all tracks on PRS and PPL
- Submit set list after each show to PRS
- Basic accounts: collate income reports from distributors / publishers / live agent etc.
- Request weekly update from PR / radio / distribution / social media etc.
- Send weekly update on campaign to all team members
- Research and liaise with free lancers (graphic designers etc.)
- Manage label calendar
While we are looking for specific skills and attributes to fulfill the assigned responsibilities, we are open to candidates from all different musical backgrounds. Please tell us why you would be a great asset to our team.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time paid internship: £15 per hour (potential for growing into full-time position)
Hours: 10-15 hours a week initially
Start Date: ASAP