Kobalt Music Publishing is looking for an exceptional individual to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Publishing department.
This is a junior, office-based role that will require a hardworking, self-managing, detail-oriented and organized individual. In return, the role offers a career with a fast growing and leading edge company. Previous music business experience is desirable but not essential and additional languages are extremely helpful.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTIES ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring the timely receipt of incoming royalty statements and payments from our society partners
- Converting, importing and processing incoming statements
- Matching royalties accurately to our internal database
- Investigating royalty identification issues and initiating royalty queries with societies
- Assisting with the generation of royalty statements to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing intelligent data analysis using Excel
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent organisation skills
- Highly numerate
- Strong attention to detail
- IT literate (good understanding of Excel)
- Ability to work accurately, independently and under pressure to strict deadlines
- Proactive and positive approach to solving problems
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.