We are looking for a sales driven marketing expert to join our growing promotions team at The Grand, continuing our 117 years record of putting on world class entertainment; ensuring not only that our events are seen and heard by as many people as possible, but that they are converted to loyal customers through your excellent marketing..
You will be sales focused, with an instinct for great customer service, hospitality and popular culture. You will have terrific telephone and person to person communication skills as well as experience in social media and email marketing. You will be able to forge ahead on your own projects while team-working with others on their projects. You will need to be able to keep your eye on the ball, getting the detail right and making superb customer and client experience your focus.
Your main objectives will be:
- Grow and maximise weekly sales, through the increase in area reservations, drinks packages & guest lists across all our events.
- Instigate and maintain relationships with local businesses & communities, raising the profile of the the venue within the local area to maximise its use as a destination for hosting all kinds of social events & parties.
- Help to consolidate The Grand as a key night time destination.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least two years experience in a similar position / role with another company
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and a working knowledge of photoshop and basic web editing software.
- Key contacts and experience with the relevant areas of trade an advantage, but not essential.
You will be joining a very switched on and energetic group of people who understand the importance of fun, who have already got a good handle on the technicalities of how to reach their marketing objectives and who want to welcome a self motivated, hard working sales driven expert into their gang to help make it happen.
A passion for all forms of popular culture is essential, especially pop music, films and sport alongside an understanding of what makes for first class hospitality, customer retention and entertainment.