We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky’s Music Department is part of the Sky Entertainment division of Sky and provides a range of resource and support for various business areas across the whole of Sky. The main content areas of the business served are Sky Entertainment, Sky Sports and Sky Creative and the department is structured around the following core services:
1) Music Licensing – this team ensures music licensing activities meet channel and company objectives, on most favourable terms and with all necessary rights secured.
2) SATV Publishing – this team offers a full music publishing service ensuring Sky’s music commissioning needs are met and that Sky’s own music library is used as extensively as possible within content.
3) Music Creative – this team ensures a wide variety of creative music needs across Sky are met, sourcing the best and widest range of music for use within content.
4) Music Reporting – this team ensures Sky’s extensive music reporting obligations to the music collecting societies for linear and non-linear activities are met
The Co-ordinator role is responsible for assisting the SATV Publishing Manager and SATV Publishing Executive in delivering a full music publishing service to Sky and external clients ensuring high service levels are met on a day to day basis.
As a valued member of Sky, you’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.
The Music Department aims to provide a first-class professional service to Sky in relation to all music matters. We are seeking an enthusiastic, organised and self-motivated individual to join the SATV publishing team
- Work closely with the SATV Publishing team to ensure that they are attracting and signing up high quality composers to SATV and be an ambassador for the role SATV music can play in Sky content
- Oversee album projects for the SATV library (briefing, pitching, negotiating terms, contracting and payment, asset delivery, copyright registration, metadata tagging, platform uploads, maintain front and back end of music platforms, artwork, etc) in order to develop and deepen the existing SATV catalogue.
- Drive the use of SATV catalogue through pro-active promotion of the catalogue to existing and potential clients.
- Provide music supervision support working to brief, pitching catalogue and sending playlists to key clients
- Attend meetings with independent production companies as a representative from the music team to present Sky’s music guidelines presentations. Provide advice regarding Sky’s commissioning process and deal with any queries relating to the use of SATV published music.
- Be a key point of contact and provide a “best in class” music commissioning service to all creatives and producers across their content.
- Maintain relationships with existing client database by attending meeting with TV broadcast, advertising and film contacts. Seek out new relationships with external clients in order to market and promote the SATV catalogue.
- Work in partnership with SATV’s sub-publishers and collecting societies around the World.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisation skills together with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work to fixed deadlines and prioritise workload
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy environment
- A wide – ranging passion for music
- A professional positive and pro-active attitude is essential along with the ability to work well both as an individual and within a team
- Knowledge of the different ways that music is used in television
- Knowledge and experience of music publishing or any sector of the media where the synchronisation of music with visuals has been part of your everyday role
- A good knowledge of content broadcast on Sky channels
- The ability to create impact through the use of music
- Experience of music publishing in TV/ production library music would be an advantage
- An impressive existing contact list for the UK TV/Film/Advertising industry
- Understanding of digital music file formats and creating playlists
- Media studies, music qualification or equivalent