As the streaming landscape is continuing to grow and change, AWAL is looking for a personable, analytical and results-focused Senior Director, Digital Accounts to run our UK & International Digital Accounts team. This opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster of up and coming as well as established acts, helping to drive their playlisting and profiles across digital services.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will run a team of 4, overseeing the day to day management of new release information and pitching materials to ensure new and ongoing releases are presented to all UK & International digital accounts. You will be responsible for building long term playlisting strategies and stories, working alongside the UK & International Marketing Directors as well as US Digital Accounts counterparts. To be successful in the role, we need someone with a natural inclination towards sales, but with a humble approach who is focused on getting results in innovative and forward-thinking ways.
You will be the primary point of contact for the key digital platforms and responsible for monitoring and reporting on streams, sales and trends using AWAL’s proprietary analytics tools, so it’s pivotal that you have an analytical mindset, an eye for details and love digging into the data!
AWAL is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, You Me At Six and Laura Marling.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
What would you do as a Senior Director, Digital Accounts?
- Build and maintain relationships with key contacts at the DSPs
- Work with project marketing leads to help define and deliver digital sales, streaming and playlisting strategies
- Manage and develop a team of four
- Work closely with the US-based Digital Accounts team to ensure integrated global campaigns
- Represent AWAL releases to key DSPs
- Drive best in class digital strategies through AWAL and direct with clients in order to maximize presence and playlists on music platforms
- Analyse performance of releases using AWAL’s analytics tools
- Prepare long term release and post release plans for key albums and singles
- Represent catalogues to digital accounts as well as frontline releases
- Prepare presentations for DSP playlist and editorial pitching meetings
- Coordinate with local sales teams / partners on the ground in local markets
- Participate in the on-boarding process for new DSPs
- Communicate new developments and initiatives at the DSPs to the Marketing and Label Management teams
You will ideally have
- 6 years experience working in the music industry, background in Digital Account Management
- Existing relationships with DSPs mandatory
- Team leadership and performance management experience
- Deep understanding of digital retail and streaming platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends in the music industry
- Working operational knowledge of digital supply chain processes and DSP requirements
- Global outlook and understanding of international markets
- Strong verbal, written, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Organized self-starter, able to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and work in a high-pressure environment
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 2% of qualifying earnings if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates offered for 12-month memberships at Nuffield Health or Fitness First.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
PENSION | Staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% - 5% company matched contribution.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.