Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the Director, Label Services, the Society Relationship Manager will the first point of contact for the label societies and responsible for streamlining processes in existing business territories as well as set up efficient processes for registration and claiming with collection societies in new target territories.
This role will work in conjunction with Senior Relationships Manager, and support the team in delivery of client retention strategy, investigating requirements for registering label clients in additional target territories and ensure label claims and registrations are up to date and submitted prior to societies’ deadlines.
This is an office-based, administrative role that will require an analytical, detail-oriented and organized individual with great communication skills.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
Kobalt Neighbouring Rights (KNR) offers a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their neighbouring rights income from the various relevant collecting societies around the world. KNR started in 2011 and has grown quickly to become one of the leading companies in this field.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SOCIETY RELATIONSHIP MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
- As payments are received from societies, communicate and resolve any issues flagged by the Royalties Team as well as identify gaps in payments from societies and work with the society to maximize future payments
- Develop direct relationships with societies in new territories
- Act as a secondary point of contact for the client roster, working in conjunction with the Client Relationship Manager – Label Collections
- Identify industry events which will help One Hill Records to grow as well as represent One Hill Records in a professional capacity at these events as required
- Liaise with Kobalt IT on system development issues relating to registration and claims
- Manage team members & provide training to new staff members
- Ad hoc projects as requested
- Travel as required to meet business needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good Excel skills – at least intermediary level
- Good analytical skills & excellent eye for detail
- High level of written & spoken English
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to work independently
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to take initiative and drive things forward through to completion
You may be working for a music publisher or neighbouring rights society where you have extensive and regular contact with collection societies around the world.
Most important is that you are enthusiastic, a great team member and can efficiently follow up on issues until they are fully resolved.
KNR prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximise revenues to artists. KNR represents, amongst others, Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Bruno Mars, Passenger, Taio Cruz, Pitbull, Icona Pop, John Newman, Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers.