We’re hiring! UK Music is looking for a new Director of Operations.
UK Music is a campaigning and lobbying organisation that represents the British music industry.
An exciting opportunity has opened up to become our Director of Operations. Based in our central London office, you will report directly to the CEO.
You will need experience juggling multiple projects, working to tight deadlines and have the ability to ensure the smooth running of a busy office.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as to why you feel this is the right role for you.
UK Music is committed to equal opportunities and inclusivity, so we welcome all applicants.
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 6pm Wednesday September 19 2018.
UK Music is a campaigning and lobbying body that represents the British music industry. Funded by
industry, our focus is on the promotion of the cultural and economic worth of British music, the
development of public policy to support that worth, the publication of industry research and
education, skills and training.
Established in 2008, UK Music represents the collective interests of songwriters, composers, artists,
musicians, studio producers, music managers, music publishers, major and independent record
labels, music licensing companies and the live music sector.
Reporting directly to the CEO and managing a small team, the Director of Operations will be
- Office management; including facilities and building contacts and contracts, staff health and safety/first aid, office licences etc.
- IT management; liaison with IT providers, responsible for software contracts and office security procedures.
- CEO diary management
- Creating and keeping up to date the UK Music activity grid
- Running weekly staff meetings
- Board management; collating and sending out all board papers, fixing and minuting annual board meeting dates and ensuring funders and members are all engaged and supported.
- Finance management; collating and sending out all Governance and Finance papers, fixing annual Governance and Finance meetings, processing and getting sign off for all incoming invoices and management of UK Music credit cards.
- Company Secretarial; keeping Companies House records up to date, processing Annual
- Statutory Accounts, managing lease agreements and company insurances.
- HR; responsible for all staff HR issues, manage all staff holiday and sick leave, manage UK Music benefits and lead on new starters and leavers processes.
- Member engagement and relationship management
- Managing UK Music Business and Design Support officer