An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for someone with solid experience of running a live music and entertainments programme at a well-known venue who is looking to take their career to the next level in a key role at this iconic London venue.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and developing the Half Moon’s entertainments schedule and venue operations, the goal being to develop the Half Moon’s music programme by scheduling, booking and promoting live music and entertainment nights.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Music Manager/Booker will be responsible for:
- Developing the Half Moon’s music programme by scheduling, booking and promoting live music nights
- Managing day to day venue enquiries, bookings and associated diary management
- Liaising with the sound engineers and to ensure all venue information is available on request and is accurate
- Assisting in recruiting, training and managing a team of casual staff including: sound engineers, venue box office staff and office support, and to organise the monthly rota of the above
- Responding to all customer queries and box office queries in a timely manner
- Administration of the online Half Moon ticketing service
- Using data from sales, maintain and utilise a contacts database for use in future promotions and distribution of a monthly newsletter.
The right person:
- Enthusiastic and shows an interest and desire to work in the live music/entertainments industry
- Booking experience and experience of working with booking agents and promoting your own shows
- Experience of working with local and national promoters
- Good administrative skills and computer literate in Excel & Office (Photoshop/ InDesign would be desirable too)?
- General understanding of the technical requirements of live and other events
- Ability to form and maintain good working relations at all levels, both internal and external
- Strong commitment to providing customer orientated service
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Bethan@halfmoon.co.uk
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2017 AND YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW ON THURSDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2017