Warner/Chappell is seeking a Vice President of Catalogue Promotions to join and lead a Creative and Digital Marketing Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating income through catalogue promotion activity, will be proactive in seeking out opportunities to acquire new catalogues and will be effective in developing relationships with our existing catalogue owners.
The role will report into the Managing Director of Warner/Chappell UK and be based at Warner/Chappell’s Kensington office in London.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to commercial catalogue opportunities, increasing revenue by creating innovative products associated with our catalogue.
- Establish different platforms to promote our varied and legendary catalogue and actively explore new revenue streams.
- Participate in critical negotiations in relation to new acquisitions, catalogue renewals and extensions.
- Actively seek out new catalogue opportunities and maintain good knowledge of potential acquisitions through effective networking in the Industry.
- Manage and develop strategic relationships with existing catalogue owners, artists, various Warner/Chappell departments, and all external clients and partners.
- Track record of closing deals in relation to new acquisitions, catalogue renewals/extensions and participating well in negotiations.
- Experience of managing relationships with songwriters and artists directly.
- Development of a detailed knowledge of our catalogues. Ability to move between different musical genres.
- Demonstrate an extensive network of clients/writers.
- Ability to generate master recordings
Who we are:
Warner/Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalogue of contemporary hits and influential standards. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner/Chappell provides deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders. Warner/Chappell, which has a history dating back more than 200 years, currently publishes and administers music from Beyoncé, Blur, Eric Clapton, Alice Cooper, The Dream, Gamble & Huff, Barry Gibb, Ashley Gorley, Green Day, JAY Z, Kendrick Lamar, Led Zeppelin, Little Big Town, Lukas Graham, Madonna, George Michael, Julia Michaels, Lin Manuel Miranda, Katy Perry, Radiohead, Rihanna, Roc Nation, Slash, Stephen Sondheim, Chris Stapleton, Rod Temperton, Tove Lo, Justin Tranter, Twenty One Pilots, and Pharrell Williams, among many others.