Kobalt Music Publishing is looking for a Work Entry Assistant to be based in the Kobalt office in London, and to work within the Copyright Department as a song processor.
The primary roles of a copyright department are registering claims to songs at the relevant collection societies globally and processing the royalties which result from the exploitation of those songs. This enables us to collect and distribute royalties due to the copyright owners. But before all of this can be done, we need to import into our system the songs we receive from our clients. This is the all-important task of our department, and accuracy is absolutely key as all subsequent tasks rely on the accuracy and efficiency with which this task is performed.
The successful candidate will have a well-supported imitation and training process.
WHAT DOES A WORK ENTRY ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- To ensure that all works delivered to Kobalt Music Publishing are entered with 100% accuracy and within the deadlines
- Daily input of a substantial amount of data entry
- Being able to comply with complex procedures and rules of work entry
- To have an impeccable knowledge of all work entry issues and able to help and advice members of the copyright department regarding work entry matters
- To liaise in a professional way with clients and colleagues regarding issues or queries
- To maintain learning and professional development, including new technical and copyright developments
- Where required, to be proactive, foresee issues and suggest improvements in the system and procedure
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous copyright experience, a good understanding of music publishing, or a music-related degree, is highly desirable
- Good communication skills are very important: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally, we are looking for someone who is able to adapt communication to audience
- Creative Problem Solving: experience in creating and implementing new processes
- Decisiveness: effective and timely decisions, but perceives the impact and implications of decisions
- Person with resilience and tenacity: someone who effectively deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to enter works accurately and efficiently
- Track record of good organization and prioritisation skills
- High level of written and spoken English
- High level of numeracy
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.