Dizzee Rascal and Armand Van Helden’s Bonkers was the most tagged song on Shazam during the London 2012 opening ceremony.
Shazam has released a Top 20 list of tagged tunes from the event broadcast on Friday, July 27.
Dizzee is closely followed by Mike Oldfield with Tubular Bells in second and the London Symphony Orchestra takes third place with Chariots Of Fire.
The Sex Pistols’ Pretty Vacant and David Holmes’ I Heard The Wonders complete the Olympic tagging chart’s Top 5.
Shazam’s executive VP of marketing David Jones told Billboard that the ceremony’s 20-minute musical montage resulted in a “Himalayan peak of constant tagging”.
More than 50 British songs featuring in the Danny Boyle showcase experienced a total sales uplift of 185% off the back of the event.
The Top 10 Shazam tags during the London 2012 opening ceremony can be found below:
1. Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden, "Bonkers"
2. Mike Oldfield, "Tubular Bells"
3. London Symphony Orchestra, "Chariots Of Fire"
4. Sex Pistols, "Pretty Vacant"
5. David Holmes, "I Heard Wonders"
6. The Jam, "Going Underground"
7. New Order, "Blue Monday"
8. Queen, "Bohemian Rhapsody"
9. The Who, "My Generation"
10. Underworld Feat. Dame Evelyn Glennie, "And I Will Kiss"
Full chart: Billboard.biz