Deep Purple album Machine Head has been re-recorded by some of the biggest names in rock music and will be released as an exclusive Fanpack in partnership with Classic Rock Presents on September 4, ahead of its general release on October 1.
Re-Machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple’s Machine Head includes re-interpretions of classic songs by a host of rock acts including Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot and The Flaming Lips in addition to legendary guitarists Joe Bonamassa, Zakk Wylde, Steve Vai and Carlos Santana.
The Fanpack version will include an additional version of Highway Star by Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith and Lauchlan Doley as well as an exclusive, band-endorsed 124-page collectors magazine including:
- Exclusive new interviews with world-class guitarists Joe Bonamassa and Steve Vai
- Members of Metallica, Iron Maiden and Chickenfoot amongst others talking about recording these classic songs
- Brand new interviews with Deep Purple
- One of the last interviews with the late Jon Lord on the making of the album
- Exclusive and previously unpublished photographs
- Artefacts from the Purple archives
It is available to pre-order now.
Re-Machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple’s Machine Head will go on general release on October 1 through Eagle Rock Entertainment on CD and LP.
Full Album Track Listing:
- Smoke On The Water - Carlos Santana / Jacoby Shaddix
- Highway Star - Chickenfoot
- Maybe I’m A Leo - Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith
- Pictures of Home - Black Label Society
- Never Before - Kings of Chaos
- Smoke On The Water - The Flaming Lips
- Lazy - Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
- Space Truckin’ - Iron Maiden
- When A Blind Man Cries - Metallica
Plus exclusive to the special edition:
10. Highway Star - Glenn Hughes, Steve Vai, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley