Global Radio is launching a new generation of enhanced mobile apps across its entire portfolio.
The owner of Capital FM, Heart, and Classic FM first went to market with its mobile apps in 2008 and its launch of the next generation of apps aims to ‘provide a richer user experience with enhanced radio streaming.’
The apps also provide an additional platform for commercial partners, including pre-roll and display ads, and the possibility of hosting exclusive competitions and campaigns.
The new apps have been submitted to the Apple App store and will be launching imminently.
Global's feature list for the apps is as follows:
· Rich visuals and the latest relevant content, linking directly to what’s playing on-air
· Catch up on shows from the previous seven days
· Music news
· Enhanced picture galleries, contextualised to the radio experience
· Ability to listen to any station in the Global Radio portfolio
· Enhanced streaming technology for robust, long-lasting radio listening streaming
· Social media integration
· Designed for both iPhone and iPad
· Full Retina display compatibility to take advantage of the iPhone 4, 4S, iTouch and new iPad