Spotify has seen a huge increase in streams of classic Summer songs following the unexpected spurt of British hot weather.
90’s track Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince has seen a 370% increase, while Feeling Hot Hot Hot by Bad Influence jumped 1118% and George Gershwin’s 1930s Summertime went up by 1200%.
The streaming service has put together a Summer, Summer, Summer Time playlist featuring songs that have seen increases of over 125% in streams during July.
The tracks and playlist are as follows:
1. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince – Summertime (370% increase)
2. Scouting For Girls – Summertime in the City (486% increase)
3. The Lovin’ Spoonful – Summer in the City (126% increase)
4. Chad & Jeremy – A Summer Song (175% increase)
5. Seals & Crofts – Summer Breeze (158% increase)
6. Nat King Cole – Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer (900% increase)
7. Bob Marley – Sun is Shining (145% increase)
8. Mungo Jerry – In the Summertime (295% increase)
9. Bad Influence – Feeling Hot Hot Hot (1118% increase)
10. George Gershwin – Summertime (1200% increase)