Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 24 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
We are seeking a part qualified or qualified Accountant with music industry experience to join the Touring Department.
- To ensure effective and proactive management of high-profile clients’ day to day affairs, e.g. cash flow, debtor collection, touring, tax and VAT provisions etc
- To oversee the running of tours for high profile clients, to include withholding tax mitigation, reviewing budgets, liaising with tour managers, booking agents, promoters, insurers and management;
- To oversee the preparation of VAT Returns for your allocated client portfolio
- To review bookkeeping and oversee Accounts’ Assistant work for your allocated client portfolio
- To prepare management and year end accounts for Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and sole traders.
Skills, Knowledge Experience, Attitudes and Behaviours
- Qualified ACCA/ACA or significant relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role in practice
- Experience of touring
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- Good working knowledge of CCH Accounts Production Software or similar and Sage Line 50
- Ability to produce Accounts Working Papers to high standard;
- Ability to exercise judgement and consideration in respect of presentation of financial information, e.g.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage a portfolio of clients with guidance
- Good Interpersonal skills. Confident and professional in communicating with clients and staff
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others within a team
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org