The Dark Blues band is looking for the right person to become its main booking agent.
Described as “Britain’s longest-serving, hardest-working, most frequently-booked partyband” by The Guardian, The Dark Blues is the only function band in the UK to have played more than 5000 gigs (and counting!). Its extraordinary client list includes several members of the Royal Family, and sitters-in at gigs include Mel B, Jamie Cullum, Tim Minchin and in the past John Bonham, Eartha Kitt & John Lee Hooker.
The band consists of six top notch musicians, always the same individuals, including bandleader Nigel Tully MBE and lead singer Annabel Williams (vocal coach to Amy Winehouse, ITV’s The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent and many more). Uniquely among function bands, the band does not have a set list; Nigel Tully has an amazing talent for being able to pick the right tunes for any party in real time, which the band can instantly play – something that can only be done by a band with great experience and professionalism, and a huge repertoire built up over many years. This is the band’s USP and the right applicant will know how to make the most of it.
The band, which owns all its own equipment including a top-of-the-range sound system, is based in the UK but are happy to perform both at home and internationally. The role is self-managed, with direction and guidance from Nigel Tully. Remuneration will be a monthly retainer (fee level dependent on experience) with a (net) commission on all gigs secured, payable when the gig deposit is paid by the client.
- A talented and well-connected individual to work with the band on securing party/function gigs within the UK and internationally
- Someone with enthusiasm, energy and a great work ethic
- Creative and tenacious enough to find and secure exciting gigs and performance opportunities in both existing and emerging markets
- Absolutely reliable and responsible
- Experience of working with function bands is preferable but not essential
- Most importantly of all, you’ll understand how the right music can transform a party and send guests home talking about the band rather than the food or the location.
- Researching events, venues, bookers, promoters and sub-agents in search of live opportunities
- Approaching and making enquiries/ pitches in order to secure live opportunities
- Events-industry PR for the Dark Blues where appropriate
- Contracting on behalf of the band (invoicing is done by an existing admin function)
- Maintaining connections with clients to secure repeat bookings
- Occasionally attending gigs and meetings with the band
- Meetings when needed and regular updates to be sent to band leader Nigel Tully
To apply, email your CV and covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) to Nigel Tully MBE at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6pm Monday 25 February 2019