Job title: Commercial Manager
Responsible to: Head of Commercial
Location of work: King’s Cross, London
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Spinnup is Universal Music’s DIY distribution platform for Independent artists. We work as a forward-looking, disruptive segment within Universal Music, connecting independent musicians to the world’s biggest group of record labels whilst distributing their music to platforms around the world.
Working closely with Senior Management the Commercial Manager will provide support across various teams in managing the day to day commercial functions of Spinnup. The successful candidate will contribute to the strategic and commercial planning of Spinnup in order to maintain and improve on the company’s growth within the independent music sector.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- High calibre candidate who is confident and outgoing with a strong sense of personal drive.
- Active Business development activities.
- Assistance in planning, managing and co-ordinating new territory launches.
- Partner negotiations (Supply chain, Payment service providers, QC and Support etc.)
- Assistance in commercial modelling and strategic planning
- Ad-hoc Commercial analysis and yearly reviews.
- Excellent ability to develop relationships, communicate and influence others.
- Experience of working on own as well as part of a team, and with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong communicator.
- Day to Day management of P&L.
- Active assistance in Budget and forecasting process.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills with the business acumen required to work alongside key decisionmakers.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Commercial knowledge within the music industry.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.