Joining the Publishing Copyright department in our London office, the primary role of the Copyright Assistant will be to assist in managing our catalogue by ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly in Switzerland at the local collection society; SUISA, but also support the team across other German-speaking territories.This is an entry-level position for an individual with strong data management experience. The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills when dealing with general enquiries from internal and external sources and can deal with pressure but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at collection societies
- Dealing with general enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Processing new works and agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues
- Processing royalty statements received from collection societies
- Analysing the royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, and working with the societies to resolve these issues
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- High level of written and spoken German & English
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Analytical skills as well as experience working with Excel
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.