Contract terms: Full-time, 37.5 hour working week
Salary: Dependent on experience
Reporting to: Group Marketing Manager
Company Website: www.sentricmusic.com
Application deadline: 9.00 AM Friday 26 April 2019 but interviews may commence sooner
Application process: Please attach your CV and Cover Letter in an email with subject line “Digital Marketing Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your answer to the below question:
As an artist focussed company, Sentric Music is constantly looking for opportunities to engage with new artists and drive sign-ups to our service. Social media channels are crucial in helping us to achieve this.
If you were to create a social media campaign for Sentric Music to attract artists and drive sign ups, what would the content be and how would you deliver this?
Aspects to consider:
- Content: text and visual
- Delivery method and timeline
- Monitoring and reacting to results
Please note: The task is not to produce a complete campaign, but to describe how you would approach the task through providing text/media examples and outlining your strategy, tools and software used.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music publishing company with 70+ employees based across our offices in the UK, Germany, New York, LA, Netherlands and Spain. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners.
Our Marketing & Communications team are now looking for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious Digital Marketing Assistant to oversee all company social media marketing and analysis across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn platforms, as well as assist our Group Marketing Manager with overall company marketing implementation.
- Research and identify audience targets with a view to increase Sentric Music’s client base and public presence across all social media platforms.
- Develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, promoting brand-focused messages.
- Coordinate social media messaging in line with wider marketing plans to reach quarterly goals and KPIS.
- Audit and analyse social media accounts and monitor long-term presence, performance and growth.
- Analyse the performance of social media campaigns with tracking systems to gather visitor data, determine efficiency and identify areas for campaign improvements.
- Work with other departments to develop social media schedules coinciding with launches of new services, ad campaigns, press releases, company announcements and brand messages.
- Monitor and develop reports on competitor activity within social media spaces.
- Produce content for Sentric Music’s blogs.
- Handling Mailchimp marketing campaigns; from content production to mailouts.
- Conduct short artist interview features for all digital platforms.
- Assist Group Marketing Manager with the wider Sentric Group marketing strategy implementation.
- Assist the wider Sentric Group team with any ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- BA degree or equivalent higher education qualification in either of the areas of: Marketing & Communications, Arts, Creative Industries, Digital or English.
- Experience of working with social media platforms in a professional capacity.
- Demonstrated written communication skills; experience of communicating effectively and engaging with a wide range of audiences.
- Extensive knowledge and adept user of social media platforms; well familiar with platform features, tools and analytics.
- Experience of writing content; creating engaging texts, proofreading and editing
- Experience of utilising Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated experience of Public Relations and the correlation with brand marketing.
- Experience of creating photographic content; editing photos, combining photos and text, and handling different picture files and resolution formats.
- Customer service experience of a front-facing role, liaising with members of the public.
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills.
- Passionate about music and - ideally - the scene of up&coming artists.
- Enthusiastic about working with a forward-thinking company in the music industry.
- Creative drive; able to develop concepts and ideas and translate these into finished content
- A keen aesthetic eye and a strong intuition for visual design.
- Commercially aware; a demonstrated sound judgement of communication and its impact with different audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail at all times and circumstances.
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and manage own workload whilst working with multiple projects.
- Punctual and able to work to set deadlines.
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team; open to learn and improve through taking onboard feedback.