An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
Your Mission at BMG.
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to support BMG’s Recordings Finance and Royalties business within its worldwide hub, based in London to be responsible for providing revenue assurance and analysis across BMG’s Recordings business.
- Provide revenue assurance for BMG’s worldwide front-line and catalogue recordings businesses
- Analyse information received from BMG’s key distribution and licence partners, to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounting
- Perform analysis of market activity to create an expectation of future revenues from key partners
- Help obtain high quality data to support monies received
- Manipulate and re-present high volumes of data
- Working with other members of the hub team to produce trend and other analysis from the monthly sales data
- Provide regular input to BMG recordings management reporting process
- Liaise with royalty teams to identify changes and adjustments to artist royalties
- General support to VP International Finance Recordings
- Establish and maintain a monthly comprehensive analysis of the BMG UK catalogue income status to ensure all activity is being tracked and income is flowing as expected based on IRR estimates, sales figures, airplay etc.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the recorded music industry
- Ability to question and challenge assumptions
- Very strong analytical mind-set and data manipulation skills
- Keen attention for detail
- Ability to present financial information to non-finance colleagues
- Advance excel knowledge
- Passion for Music!
Now, what's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Head to our Linkedin, Instagram and twitter channels to get a snippet into what It’s like to work at BMG UK!
Sound like music to your ears?
Then click ‘Apply now’ and send us your application and all the reasons as to why you are the right person for this role - the challenge is on! Let’s create a future together.
Here at BMG, we don’t just encourage diversity – we celebrate it, support it and wholeheartedly promote it and its benefits to our employee’s and company alike. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the request.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.