A London Venues Group are seeking a high profile General Manager with multi-disciplined venue experience, to head up and manage corporate, club, and live music events across two sites. We are looking for a passionate and successful candidate who understands the importance of excellent service standards whilst managing high-volume venues, dealing with multiple types of events and has experience with corporate clients. You will be managing an Assistant General Manager and Bars/Duty Manager to continue the successful running and expansion of the venues, as well as working alongside Heads of Department across the business.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the venue’s operation & line management of all heads of department including bar, technical, maintenance & event staff.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are discharged & conform to national & local legislation, from licensing to all health & safety regulations, regularly liaising with the local authorities including Police, Environmental Health & Licensing board, acting as DPS for the venue.
- Liaising with the company’s Financial Director in setting annual budgets for all areas of the business and ensuring that weekly financial reports are compiled and disseminated to the Financial Director & and HoD’s to deadline.
- Liaising with Bars Manager on setting prices for key products & on more dynamic pricing tailored to specific audiences. Liaising with Programming Teams across both sites in order to maximise activity and business levels.
- Ensuring Venue Departments work as a team and that all staff are managed to the standards as laid out in their job descriptions, constantly monitoring performance, motivation and morale & taking action to address issues in any of these areas when necessary.
- Conduct annual appraisals and set individual business objectives & targets in support of both the needs of the business & the development of individuals themselves
- Ensure a smooth flow of information both internally and externally, chairing weekly & monthly operational & departmental meetings in order to achieve this
- Liaise with the Head of Venues to produce proposals for Capex projects, building related maintenance & other works. Lead on all Accessibility related matters.
- Lead on all aspects of event management including advancing, agreeing staffing levels with HODs, deployment & briefing of security staff, to supervising touring parties and ensuring that the venues maintained the highest standards of service to both customers, promoters, artists & all other clients
- Managing show day operations on both event and non-event days including being responsible for all accreditation and staffing levels (including stewarding teams and external security agencies as appropriate). Ensuring that the venues are maintained to the highest standard for customer and clients alike.
- Assisting the Technical Manager with external clients, promoters, and other event owners to provide services for the delivery of music shows and third-party events. Establishing production schedules for projects and communicating effectively to all relevant parties, ensuring all information is up to date.
- Implementing new processes and procedures that aid growth and financial efficiencies. Key point of contact for all key suppliers from procurement to delivery.
- Ensuring that all teams follow correct conduct in line with the venue’s policies, license and procedures.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Proven track record of success in venue management and live events.
- Ability to contribute beyond the role and to lead strategic initiatives to increase profits and aid growth. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Personal licence highly desirable.