Kobalt Music Recordings is looking for a flexible, confident and highly organised International Label & Product Manager, based out of our London office. Reporting to the International Marketing Manager, the role will involve working with our artist and label clients well, alongside our network of International marketing managers, distribution partners and licensees to plan to implement & deliver successful international campaigns. This is an exciting time to be joining Kobalt’s Recordings division, and to be successful in the role, we need a confident, quick learner who is not afraid of asking questions but also great at taking control of situations as well as building long lasting relationships with international partners.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL and Kobalt Music Recordings. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, Kobalt has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen Kobalt includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch and Rex Orange County.
We’re currently over 450 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN INTERNATIONAL LABEL & PRODUCT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Work closely with the International Marketing Manager to set up and run International Marketing Campaigns for label clients as well as select Kobalt Music Recordings and AWAL artists
- Communicate release information, playlist targets and pitching materials to the Digital Accounts Team
- Construct & Implement Global Marketing Plans & Strategies
- Manage territorial budgets & set sales/streaming targets with international partners
- Schedule promo trips and phoner schedules
- Generate campaign reports and analyse streaming data to identify trends and opportunities
- Oversee the collection of initial stock orders, promotional items, and sales figures from our international network
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Kobalt’s International network of label managers, distribution partners, licensees, and promo companies
- Distribute assets & tools to the international teams
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the International Department of a record label or distributor
- A deep understanding of International markets, retail, digital & media outlets is essential
- Experience working closely with artists & managers
- You must be highly organised & able to prioritise and have an interest in data & analytics
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with international partners
When preparing your application, please include in your cover letter what recent music marketing initiatives or campaigns you’ve found interesting and why.
IMPORTANT NOTICEApplicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
EYE TEST | Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
CHILDCARE VOUCHERS | Managed through Busy Bees.
FRESH FRUIT | Delivered twice a week!
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including large summer & Christmas party!
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Covers both business and personal travel.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12 month period.