PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Inspire and teach songwriting
- To bring energy, experience and vision to the study of popular music, formalised for the first time at Trinity Laban;
- To be an active member of the BA Music Performance and Industry team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver songwriting modules in classes to undergraduate students and contribute, as appropriate, to other teaching activities as agreed with the BAMPI Programme Leader;
- Lead group music performance projects;
- Use innovative approaches to learning and teaching, taking account of student-centred and research-informed methods;
- Develop online learning materials to support class teaching using institutional online platforms;
- Give feedback and advice to students in line with the curriculum ensuring the provision of accurate, high-quality and precise information about relevant learning opportunities and answering ongoing queries throughout the academic year;
- Be involved in the assessment of coursework;
- Contribute to the review and evaluation planning of modules;
- Be committed to innovation in learning and teaching in music production, technology and education
- On occasion, contribute to the administrative process of the Faculty, and as appropriate, of the wider Conservatoire;
- Participate in, and make an active contribution to relevant Faculty groups and committees, including Programme Committees, Programme and team meetings, where appropriate;
- Exercise initiative within assigned tasks and execute tasks on time;
- Organise your work effectively, prioritising as appropriate;
- Provide written and verbal references for students as required.
THE POST HOLDER MUST:
- At all times, be committed to Trinity Laban's Equality and Diversity Policy;
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety in the workplace;
- Promote the profile and image of the Department and the Conservatoire wherever possible.
- All staff are expected to operate in line with Trinity Laban's Terms and Conditions for staff, which set out how we work together.
More information about the Conservatoire's vision,
mission and values are available at:
Trinity Laban has a no smoking policy on its premises.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake
such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. All staff
members are required to be professional, cooperative and flexible in line with the needs of the