Job Title: MD
Reports to: CEO and Board of Directors
Hours: 10am- 6pm, 3 days per week
Remuneration: £30,000 part time role
ILUVLIVE is a live music and artist development platform launched in 2004. We are a Not For Profit National Portfolio Organisation funded by Arts Council England and have been operating since 2004. Initially, a London based showcase, we supported Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, Emeli Sande, Chip, Wretch 32, Ray Blk, Izzy Bizu, Ella Mai, Lady Leshurr, Little Simz and Plan B to name but a few often on numerous occasions and years before they were signed. We currently run 30+ events a year across 3 -4 UK cities offering six events in London, Manchester and Birmingham and a range of iluvlive presents shows. Alongside this, we run an artist development programme, have a small record label and manage Izzy Bizu and Emmavie. Current owner / MD is stepping aside to focus on the management side of the company but will continue as CEO and will be available two days per month to assist with evaluations and planning.
We are looking for someone to work three days a week from our Tulse Hill office. You will hold ultimate responsibility for the day to day running of the company and it’s strategic direction, provide leadership and be responsible for all aspects of development including fundraising, finance, key industry relationships and other external relations which enhance our work.
- Work with the CEO, Board and staff to create and deliver an agreed strategic plan
- Maintain impetus and continuity of direction for the organisation, advising on change of directions as required in line with sector and economic trends.
- Fundraise in order to sustain and develop new and existing schemes.
- Deliver and build on new and existing UK partnerships
- Oversee brand development
- Manage our core team of three people
- Be responsible for all reporting to Arts Council England and our Board
- Prepare annual budget in line with agreed annual plans
- Contribute to preparation of Statutory accounts, with professional finance support
- Maintain awareness of music industry and funding developments
We are looking for an individual with proven leadership skills, a passion for new music and an understanding of brand and artist development. You will bring music industry networks and specialist knowledge to the company with the capacity to build on ILUVLIVE’s achievements over the last 15 years. You will work with the Board and staff to develop and lead the companies vision. You will lead and inspire the team, drive our company forward and maintain all arts council and board reporting in a busy hands-on role.
Essential Skills and attributes
- Proven leadership and management skills including strategic planning, budgeting, financial reporting, monitoring and evaluating
- Effective, positive and inclusive team player with ability to inspire others
- Excellent interpersonal skills; known for strong verbal and written communications and capacity to act as spokesperson for the company
- Credibility in the music sector with demonstrable knowledge of new music particularly in the urban influenced arena
- Ability to lead, prioritiseand pay attention to detail within a busy, multi-task environment
- Flexible and forward-thinking leader with capacity to manage and anticipate change
- Excellent financial and project management skills
- Experience of leading organisations or teams within the music industry or arts & cultural sector
- Experience in fundraising, especially Arts Council and PRS Foundation bid applications
- Understanding of grantmaking processes, funding and developmental programmes