bitbird is a record label and creative company spearheaded by San Holo, based in The Netherlands.
We're looking for a Marketing Manager to strengthen our label team. Your responsibility will be ensuring the commercial success of our releases through the creation and execution of press campaigns, radio campaigns, and overseeing the general day to day marketing tasks. You will be creating well rounded and creative campaigns to create excitement around releases, activations and events. You'll report directly to our Label Manager, work closely with bitbird's Digital Marketing Manager and founders, and with Heroic, our closely affiliated artist management agency.
- Creating marketing campaigns: Working closely with our Label Manager to create marketing campaigns for our releases fitting to the music's commercial potential and style. Dividing tasks between internal and external teams and execution of the campaigns.
- Execute press release campaigns: Work with artists and their managers signed to bitbird to craft compelling narrative stories to go with their releases, creating press releases, writing artist bios, and pitching releases for press support/coverage.
- Outbound Marketing: Pitch new music to Youtube Music Channels, TikTok influencers, and any creative plans that are included in the marketing campaign.
- SoundCloud repost trading: coordinate with other labels, management teams, and artists to facilitate repost trading on SoundCloud for music releases.
- Spotify playlist trading: coordinate with our A&R team to facilitate submissions for consideration on bitbird playlists.
- Liaison for our external radio plugging teams: communicate weekly with our radio partners and helping strategize the best approach to each territory/market for high-priority releases.
- Creating compelling copy for various company purposes: Write copy for monthly newsletters, bitbird-affiliated pitch decks, maintaining upkeep on bitbird one-sheets.
- Music publicity or marketing experience. You have a strong background working in music or entertainment publicity in all aspects for the past 2 years; including pitching music releases for press coverage, writing biographies, Youtube Channel upload support, Spotify playlist trading, SoundCloud repost trading.
- Writing experience. You have a strong background in music media writing and have spent at least 2 years working on your skills as a music writer, contributing to music editorials, magazines, and blogs.
- Experience in the music industry. Having worked as an artist manager, blogger, marketing manager, publicist - anything that gives you context on our business.
- A solid understanding of dance radio territories is a bonus. This role requires you to liaison with our radio plugger partners for particular releases and an understanding of the key influential radio stations of these territories will be greatly beneficial in overseeing radio plugging.
- Love for bitbird, our message, artists and music.
- Fluent in English. Fluent in Dutch is a bonus.
- Work hard, play hard mentality. Our biggest market is the US and even though we're based in The Netherlands, a lot of the action happens between 17:00 - 20:00 CET.
- Willing to try, not afraid to fail. You need a willingness to learn and master unfamiliar skills. We operate in a unique, non-traditional way and require you to adapt to our operations. We are after learning and embrace that failure is a part of that process.
- An excitement to learn. Social media and advertising is constantly changing. You need to have a finger on the pulse of the digital space and be excited to learn more as it evolves.
- Able to work 40 hours a week. Ability to come into our office in The Hague, or work with our staff in NYC is a huge bonus.
Do you have what it takes? Submit your resume and a motivational letter explaining your history in the industry, experience with music marketing and publicity, why you think you're a good fit for this role and our team and how you think we can improve upon our current marketing. We'll get back to you shortly.