Job title: Metadata Support Manager
Responsible to: Director of Metadata Operations
Department: Metadata Management
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Main Purpose of Role:
Solely responsible for building strong relationships with individual R2 users within dedicated territories (as assigned), to ensure a high standard of metadata quality through the resolution of on-going reported business issues from across the internal and external business. Seek to empower the territories thus allowing the territory more responsibility and management of their own data.
- Check the territories’ data proactively for specific business issues including duplicate (e.g. talent), missing (e.g. copyright) and incorrect (e.g. iTunes) data by using various tools provided and/or employing effective methods as recommended by the Director ofMetadata & Rights Standards and the Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Build strong individual relationships and develop clear metadata trends within a given territory thus providing individually tailored training needs to ensure most effective means of reducing the number of metadata issues.
- Resolve complex issues quickly by liaising with key contacts and stakeholders (where applicable) to ensure that a viable solution isidentified and followed without missing release dates.
- Empower the labels to take ownership of more straight forward tasks whilst supporting the labels with more complex data quality maintenance activities such as;
- Transfer of Ownership
- Binary Swaps
- Downgrading releases
- Timing Mismatches
- Discuss issues with relevant local contacts and key local representatives to ensure a clear understanding of downstream business requirements is understood and raise such issues the Director of Metadata & Rights and the CI Manager iTunes ticket resolution
- Customer focused; must be solutions-oriented with a positive attitude and strong work ethic and have an impeccable attention to detail.
- A detailed understanding of metadata requirements and related issues across all product types, media and genres.
- Strong understanding of the creation of metadata in R2 and how this is interpreted in:
- The differences in messaging between classical music releases and non-classical partners.
- The requirements of our physical supply chain division.
- The requirements of our financial reporting systems.
- The needs of broadcast / neighbouring rights societies.
- The needs of our copyright / royalty divisions globally.
- Strong interpretative skills – able to translate customer’s requests (or spot when more information is needed) into tasks that will solve the underlying issue (as this is not always clear from the outset).
- Quick learner: Experience in quickly understanding new business information systems and processes.
- Ability to work closely with other team members while, at the same time, taking responsibility for and initiative over personal workload.
- Excellent coordination, communication, reporting and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and be highly flexible in order to juggle priorities and meet all deadlines.
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable.
However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.