Company: The Most Radicalist Black Sheep Music
Job Title: Music Assistant
Status: Full Time (5 days per week)
Reporting to: Julz Baldwin, Deputy Head of Music
- Minimum 1 year within a music supervision company, music production company and/or synch department at a record label or music publisher
- Ideally will have Music Education background
- Extensive knowledge of all genres of music
- Understands the roles and relationships of music supervisors, record labels, music publishers, artists and writers
- Comprehensive knowledge of music blogs/online music magazines (UK and worldwide)
- Confident user of Word, Excel, Notes/Outlook, Access
- Confident user of Spotify, iTunes, Windows Media Player, Real Player etc.
- Basic film editing software knowledge (e.g. iMovie)
- Savvy Internet user including media-related sites (Soundcloud, YouTube, digital download sites, etc.)
- Totally passionate about music and knowledgeable of all genres
- Familiar with current bands, trends, releases, etc.
- Sharp attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial and self-reliant, innovative in their approach to problem solving and prepared to think laterally on any given task
- Willingness to take & follow direction and take feedback constructively and not personally
- Ability to stay calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
- Unknockable and reliable, demonstrates resilience, positivity, inventiveness, honesty, authenticity, and drive
Role / Activities
- Music Searches: taking brief from producer or creatives, issuing brief to labels & publishers if appropriate, delivery of tracks to producer or creatives, answering questions relating to any tracks in which the agency shows interest.
- Synchronisation licensing: liaising with senior members of BSM team to assist in track research, sourcing and saving ballpark quotes, communicating to agency teams re track investigation status with the guidance of senior BSM team members, attending briefings and taking relevant usage notes, shadowing senior team members as they perform synch licensing negotiation.
- Score supervision tasks: Researching composers, attending creative briefings and taking relevant music brief notes, shadowing senior team members as they perform score supervision.
- Various research tasks (e.g. bands for showcases, new talent, The Most Radicalist website-related issues, etc).
- General administrative support duties and industry relations: maintaining regular contact and positive relationships with labels, publishers, managers, lawyers, composers etc.
Purpose & Responsibilities
- To assist in developing the The Most Radicalist Black Sheep Music and themostradicalist.com brand, to work
- closely with BBH.
- To ensure the best quality, speed and financial efficiency of output for our clients
- To follow the right process and ensure efficient, tailored processes and best practice are implemented
- To be accountable for relationships with internal partners; film, account management, creative, finance,legal, etc.
- To be accountable for the relationships with external partners; client and partner agencies, the wider music industry
- To source and assist in managing the most appropriate partners to work on the agency’s projects
- To contribute to the commercial performance and add value, and ensure that projects are delivered on time, to the highest possible standard and at the fairest fees
- To ensure brand values, creative excellence and collaboration are at the heart of the business - to ensure that output is defining, unique and upholds creative quality
Start Date September 2019
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Closing date Friday 19th July.