Job Title: Production Manager – Printworks London
Location: Printworks London, Canada Water & Head Office, Camden
Package: Dependent on experience
About Broadwick Live:
Broadwick Live is a global events business and rights owner behind a growing number of award-winning festivals and events including Snowbombing Europe and Canada, Festival Number 6, Hideout, Truck and Field Day. Broadwick Live also has its own agency, delivering a broad range of high profile brand events, content and campaigns including the Bacardi Triangle and Adidas Y-3 Paris Fashion Week shows. Broadwick Live’s new venues division has been led by the development of Printworks London, crowned 'Best New Venue' by Mixmag in 2017 and more recently 'Best Club' in the 2018 Time Out Love Awards.
About the role:
Printworks London (formerly Harmsworth Quays) was established in the docklands in 1989, and for 24 years The Evening Standard, The Daily Mail and Metro newspapers rolled off its presses. The unique site has now embraced a new lease of life, in which the former factory’s warehouses and magnificent Press Halls have been revived as ground-breaking, multi-purpose event spaces.
There is now a very exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join Broadwick Live's venue team as Production Manager of Printworks London and play a pivotal role in the future of this very prestigious and high profile music venue. You will have scope to manage all aspects of the production within Printworks. The brief, in essence, is to take a world class venue to new heights and further position the venue as the very best in the industry as it enters the next stage of its development.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of achievement in a production position within the sports / music and entertainment industry with a good understanding of managing a large event to a high standard. You will have a natural passion for live events with strong commercial acumen. You will need to demonstrate a unique and innovative approach, a real ability to get things done and a strong understanding of how to drive the business forward.
What our Production Manager will do:
- Work with venues team to manage changes to technical production specification.
- Assist the Head of Operations with staffing, including recruiting, contracting, and creating schedules.
- Act as line Manager for key roles on site, including stage managers and production office manager.
- Be the main point of contact on all show days for touring productions working closely with tour managers, artists, artist management & venue reps.
- Point of contact for artist liaison, artist production manager and tour manager.
- Consultation with booking team on artist contracts in respect of technical riders.
- Agree and advance final technical riders with artists, including specifying artists extras and artist recharges, reporting costs on both.
- Oversee technical design and stages infrastructure based on artist requirements / capacity / venue and structure limitations.
Procurement / Suppliers
- Key point of contact for all key production suppliers from procurement to delivery – including, but not limited to, lighting, audio, video, backline and SFX.
- Ensure effective negotiation, contracting and management of suppliers.
- Assist wider partners and clients with all production requirements.
- Establish production schedules for projects and communicating effectively to all relevant parties – ensuring all information is up to date.
Health and Safety / CDM
- Work with H&S Manager to ensure all CDM regulations are met, including all relevant paperwork including ESMP’s.
- Oversight of H+S information advanced to suppliers and collation of documentation.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Excellent client facing and account management skills.
- Proven experience as a successful production manager, tour experience preferable.
- Ability to problem solve in time sensitive situations.
- Strong existing working relationships with network of production supplier.
- Broad knowledge and experience of production disciplines, sound, lighting, video, rigging transport, logistics, staging, health and safety.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or similar technical drawing software.
- Ability to hit the ground running and work under pressure.
- Manage multiple events simultaneously, from concept to delivery.
- Passionate about providing high-quality production and fulfilling client’s expectations.
- Ability to contribute beyond the role and to lead strategic initiatives to curate a world class venue.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Production Manager – Printworks’.