To enable accurate royalty collections on behalf of our clients, we need to make sure that collection societies have all the necessary copyright information in their systems to license and match claims for the use of music in streaming, radio, TV etc. Joining our fast-growing Publishing team in a brand-new role, the Registration Analyst will support the Registrations Manager in overseeing the end-to-end process of work registrations.
We are looking for someone to be a go-to-person for a range of work registrations areas, and become an essential part of the wider copyright team. This means that your role will be dynamic both in terms of level of responsibility but also in collaboration across several teams at Kobalt. It’s therefore crucial that you are a quick-learning self-starter, someone with an analytical mind-set, is tech-savvy and cares about all the little details. But to truly help in supporting the coordination of registering our clients’ compositions, you need to be able to build trustworthy relationships and have excellent communication skills as well as deal with the pressures of a fast-paced environment, but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
Are you looking for a role you can make your own, and where you can add value quickly by improving fundamental processes in an industry-leading music services company? Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
WHAT DOES A REGISTRATIONS ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- To provide support to Registrations Manager in overseeing the work registrations process
- Build good working relationships with teams involved in registration process
- Assist with improving reporting and monitoring processes
- Assist in management of priority work registrations
- Assist in documenting the registration processes
- Support the Copyright team with generating registrations
- Assist with management of ad-hoc registration tasks
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication skills & high level of written and spoken English
- A self-starter with organisation/prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and a detail-driven mind-set
- Tech-savvy, analytical & experience working with Excel crunching numbers or working with large data sets
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.